Want to learn a new skill or treat yourself to some quality me-time?
ONLINE VOCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL COURSES
• Hundreds of courses are available from The eLearning Marketplace (based in Newbury) including: languages, IT, computer programming, photography, sport & fitness, nutrition & healthy eating, maths, face-painting and mental health.
YOGA, MINDFULNESS & PILATES
• Mixed ability yoga & breath classes (online) Sheepdrove Yoga Group yoga lesson on alignment, Improving your Breath with Meditation and 1-2-1 Therapy Yoga Sessions.
• 8 week Mindfulness Course for Stress Reduction with Jane from Sheepdrove Yoga for better self-esteem, relaxation and self-management of stress-related disorders, anxiety and pain. Book here
• Weekly Hatha & Yin Yoga (online) Be Yoga with Beth Trotter who has been teaching for 20 years (normally at Stockcross, Wantage, Letcombe Bassett). You can also join her monthly Wake Up & Yoga group for 3 sessions a week.
• Weekly Yoga, Meditation & Breathwork (online & in-person) Wasing Yoga Studio
• Mixed Ability Yoga (online) Oxfordshire Adult Learning.
• Pilates (online & in-person) Wantage Pilates Studio
• Online Pilates & Tai Chi, Corn Exchange, Newbury
STRETCH THE MIND
• Beginners Spanish with The Spanish Learning Club in Kintbury
• Play at Home Escape Game A fun, challenging online Escape Room experience in the comfort of your own home, available from Excluesive Escape Rooms in Newbury
• Geology with Newbury Geological Study Group
• Free science & technology talks from Wantage Cafe Scientifique on a wide variety of scientifique subjects. 7.30pm on the second Tuesday of the month. Currently on zoom.
• History Webinars with Berkshire Family History Society
• Weekly fitness class (online) Love Lotte Barre Fitness. An intelligent way to exercise, it’s genius is connecting the mind and body in small precise movements which originate from modern ballet moves. Beginners welcome.
• Boxing & Fitness Classes with Lloyd from Hungerford Boxing & Fitness offers outdoor weekly bootcamp, kids fitness classes, 1-2-1 personal training, ladies only self-defence.
• Pilates (online) Wantage Pilates Studio
• When Covid allows, in-person classes available at:
Herongate Club, Hungerford
Bambi Newport Aerial Fitness, Brimpton & Greenham
Hungerford Leisure Centre
Cheek2Cheek Dance, Boxford, Lambourn & East Challow
• Contactless Creativity, Corn Exchange, Newbury
• Online Art & Creative Writing, Corn Exchange, Newbury
• Online Photography with Newbury Photography Club every Thurs evening. Online visitor fees currently £2 per evening.
• Leisure courses Newbury College
• Craft workshops The Base, Greenham
• Ceramic & Sculpture Courses Diana Pattenden, Newbury
• Beginners Drawing & Painting Oxfordshire Adult Learning Grove.
FOOD & DRINK
Cookery & Baking Classes Honesty Cookery School near Newbury. Closed during covid restrictions.
Live Well, Eat Well, Stay Well course of 10 sessions at Honesty Cookery School to help improve your relationship with food, become more confident about your lifestyle choices and dispel some of those myths that surround diet and physical exercise.
WSET Wine Courses Grapesmith Wine Academy Postponed during Lockdown.
• My Mighty Mind Clubs for 9 – 13 year old – fun zoom sessions to help kids with their positivity and self-esteem