Our round-up of foodie news, events, places to eat, recipes, local producers, jobs, cookery schools and more!
Local Foodie News & Events
• You can now take away your favourite menu item at Honesty Coffeeshops to take away and enjoy at home. A quick convenient fix that is both delicious and nutritious available from Honesty Coffeeshops at Hungerford, Greenham, Inkpen, Kingsclere and Saddleback.
• Tryanuary tipple selection recommended by The Naked Grape in Hungerford
• Curry night at The Bell in Ramsbury – last Monday of the month from £11 per person
Local Foodie Shops, Markets & Producers
• Enjoy locally smoked fish, duck, venison & more from Black Dog Smokery in Royal Wootton Bassett
• Great British Mead and drinking horns based in Wantage
• Gastro Nicks Delicatessen & Wine Merchant in Collingbourne Ducis
• Thatcham Community Market & Hungerford Charter Market every Wed morning
• Wantage Country Market – every Friday morning in the museum.
Leeks have been prized by cooks since Roman times and are now considered ‘super’ vegetables, as they are helpful in reducing bad cholesterol and linked
Cupcakes Ingredients ½ cup of margarine 1 tbsp olive oil ¼ cup minus 1 tbsp of coconut oil A few drops of lemon juice 1
Great Places to Eat
Local Food & Wine Courses
Handmade chocolate workshops at Newbury College from February. Learn how to master the difficult art of handling and decorating chocolate and how to work with a range of styles and techniques. More details here.
Culinary masterclass at Newbury College on Sat 8 Feb 2020. For keen home cooks to learn how to prepare, cook and sample a delicious three-course meal designed by a Michelin star chef. More details here.
Honesty Cookery School near Newbury offers a mouth-watering range of cookery classes ranging from bread, cheese and chocolate making through to authentic cookery from Italy, India, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. Why not buy a gift voucher? Or celebrate by booking an experience with a friend? Contact email@example.com.
Wine courses (WSET Level 1 and 2) at GrapeSmith Wine Academy, Barrs Yard, Hungerford. The only local WSET-approved provider offering these international wine qualifications. One-day WSET Level 1 courses on last Sunday of the month. 10-week Level 2 starts Weds 12 Feb. Wine-tasting packages also available. Contact Polly on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01488 680933.
Lambourn Wine Club Learn more with like-minded wine lovers and taste quality wines at the next eight-week Lambourn Wine Circle starting Thur 20 Feb. You will sample eight different wines every week including Chianti Classico, Alsace, South African and organic wines. Book with Brian Davis on 01488 670468 or email@example.com. Private tastings for a special event at home or at a club can also be booked.
Local Jobs & Career Opportunities in Catering
Careers Available at Richmond Letcombe Regis – Luxury Retirement Village
Local Food Personalities
• Interview (from 23mins 45sec) with Laurent Lebeau chef/patron of The Red House in Marsh Benham and The Castle in Newbury who used to be Executive Chef of Chez Gerard