We are lucky to have lovely local food & drink producers and food events in our area.
• Organic, Bio & Vegan Wine Tasting Sat 29 June, Hungerford
• The Great British Food Festival at Englefield House 29 & 30 June
• Teens Cook-Off with Ollie from the Wheatsheaf Weds 10 July
• Kid’s Bake-Off with Gert from Blandy’s Sat 13 July
• 2019 Food and Wine Festival at The Harrow in Little Bedwyn until Sun 14 July.
To make cordial you need to pick a shopping bag full of elderflowers. For the most flavour, pick them in the sunshine when the flowers
The only drawback with meatballs is the hassle of having to fry them after you have rolled them into balls. This recipe for baking the
Great Places to Eat
• Congratulations to Ollie and Lauren at The Wheatsheaf in Chilton Foliat, officially the most sustainable pub in the country according to the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
• Listen to this interesting interview (from 23mins 45sec) with Laurent Lebeau chef/patron of The Red House in Marsh Benham and The Castle in Newbury who used to be Executive Chef of Chez Gerard for a fascinating insight into the restaurant business.