Lots ot lovely local food & drink producers and food events in our area!
Foodie News & Events
• Enjoy a sizzling Bank Holiday weekend at The White Hart Inn, Hamstead Marshall
• Bank Holiday Hungerford Real Ale Festival at The Hungerford Club at The Croft
• The Red House in Marsh Benham offers a secluded suntrap garden
• Curry night at The Bell in Ramsbury – last Monday of the month (next one Bank Holiday Monday 26 August), from £11 per person
• Got a glut of homegrown veg? The Wheatsheaf in Chilton Foliat will take your organically homegrown produce and give you credit at the pub in return!
• Price comparison from Hayley at Packaging Not Included between their food and supermarket prices
• Save the date of Hungerford Food Festival – Sunday 6 October
Local Foodie Shops, Markets & Producers
• Thatcham Community Market – every Wednesday morning
• Hungerford Charter Market – every Wednesday morning
• Wantage Country Market – every Friday morning
A perfect BBQ recipe for long summer evenings! Click here for how to order this delicious, local meat straight from the farmer at Rooksnest Esate.
Easy Vegetarian Camping Recipes I went camping with a girlfriend recently who introduced me to some lovely recipes for camping. We’re not vegetarians but we
Great Places to Eat
• Congratulations to Ollie and Lauren at The Wheatsheaf in Chilton Foliat, officially the most sustainable pub in the country according to the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
• Summer set menu at The Castle, Newbury available Tuesday to Saturday each week, along with various other events
• Summer set menu at The Bell at Ramsbury Monday to Friday lunchtimes
• Interesting interview (from 23mins 45sec) with Laurent Lebeau chef/patron of The Red House in Marsh Benham and The Castle in Newbury who used to be Executive Chef of Chez Gerard
Local Jobs & Career Opportunities in Catering
Careers Available at Richmond Letcombe Regis – Luxury Retirement Village
The Harrow at Little Bedwyn is looking for an Assistant