Our round-up of foodie news, events, places to eat, recipes, local producers, jobs, cookery schools and more!
Local Foodie News & Events
• here is a list of local pubs and restaurants offering delivery and take-away services.
• here are tips on creating and delivering food care packages for people in need
• Flick at Ridgeway Nutrition is posting kid-friendly recipes for you to try at home
• This is a time to cook more for yourself in general. For immune-boosting meals at this time nutritionist Sam Silvester recommends shitaake and oyster mushrooms, garlic, onions, wild garlic leaves (see recpies below), berries (frozen is fine) ginger, turmeric, dark and colourful vegetables like red cabbage – plus vitamin D supplements and plenty of sleep!
Local Foodie Shops, Markets & Producers
• Enjoy locally smoked fish, duck, venison & more from Black Dog Smokery in Royal Wootton Bassett
• Great British Mead based in Wantage
Wild garlic (ramsons) is prolific in woodland areas from March
Why not make your Mum a traditional Simnel Cake for
And there are plenty more recipes in our whole recipe section.
Local Food Personalities
• Local wild mushroom & truffle expert Laurent Lebeau shares some secrets about foraging and cooking with funghi and his plans for his Funghi Club. Listen here (from 9 mins 20 secs)