The Health and Wellbeing Board (Health and Wellbeing in West Berkshire) invites you to join us for The Health and Wellbeing Conference 2020 Friday 11 September 12.30 – 3pm.
THE AIMS OF THIS CONFERENCE
To share insights and promote discussion about how we can learn from the Covid crisis, keeping what’s gone well and learning from what hasn’t, to strengthen our communities, improve our wellbeing and reduce health inequalities in the months and years to come.
WHY THIS CONFERENCE MATTERS
The COVID crisis has challenged and affected us all in different ways.
- Young people have generally been affected less physically but are suffering educationally, socially, mentally, and economically. How can we avoid a ‘lost generation’?
- It has brought out the best of our volunteering spirit but how do we capitalise on that, making sure that those who want to help can, and those who need help get it. How can we ensure the best use continues to be made of this fantastic resource?
- Some groups, particularly ethnic minorities, people in deprived areas and older people in care homes have suffered particularly badly. How can we stop that happening in future and take this opportunity to redouble our efforts to reduce health inequalities?
- How do we make sure we all pull together – as organisations and individuals – to build a happier, healthier, and more resilient future?
- Working Lunch and informal conversation (12.30pm – 1pm)
- Conference Start
- Welcome – Kamal Bahia
- Introduction and Scene Setting – Garry Poulson
- The COVID Response and a review of the current situation in West Berkshire – Matt Pearce and Nick Carter
- Q & A Panel Discussion
- Close (3pm)
We will be hosting a series of simultaneous recorded Breakout Sessions to engage discussion and ideas for the future. Sessions will include:
- Working Together as Board Partners
- Young People
We’ll be releasing more information on how you can get involved in these breakout sessions soon.
GET INVOLVED IN OUR PANEL Q&A
We would be delighted to hear from you and welcome any questions you may have. You can submit your questions before the event to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’M INTERESTED, WHAT NOW!?
Simply sign up for this FREE event via Eventbrite and we will send you the conference link and password a few days before the 11 September 2020 giving you details on how the access the Conference.