Finding an Event
To find a specific type of event, click on Categories and select one (or more) event type (s).
To find events in a certain area, click on Tags to select one or more town or area.
So for instance if you want to find activities for children in Hungerford, select the ‘For Children’ Category and the ‘Hungerford’ tag. If you want to see if there’s anything in the villages surrounding Hungerford, also select the ‘Hungerford area’ tag.
To return to the complete event listings, click on the X in front of Categories or Tags to clear the filter.
Scroll through the calendar by clicking on the arrows either side of CURRENT MONTH. To select a specific date, click on CURRENT MONTH and a dropdown calendar will appear.
Click on the + sign at the RH edge of the event summary for full details.
How to Add Your Events to the Penny Post Calendar
You need either to be a member of the Penny Post Business Club or to have subscribed to the Commercial Events and Promotions Package. You’ll then get your own log-in to post your events directly onto the calendar. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received this.
Please bear in mind the following points:
• if you have paid to have your event listed in the weekly Penny Post newsletter you still need to upload it onto the calendar as this does not happen automatically.
• when creating events on the calendar please do not create new categories. Please select an existing category and create tags to further define your event.
• your events will not be moderated (ie they will appear immediately on the calendar). Please check that all the information is correct and complete.
• it is your responsibility to ensure that your event information is not misleading and is not in any way likely to bring Penny Post into disrepute.
• you may only post details of events which the individual or organisation for which we have created and supplied the log-in is organising or responsible for promoting the event.
• Penny Post reserves the right to edit or remove any posts or to suspend the log-in if any of these conditions are breached.
You may also post event details at https://www.facebook.com/PennyPostWB and Penny will share your post.
* A commercial event is one where any profit is retained by the individual or organisation concerned and may include events where there is no admission charge. For example, a free yoga class as a taster for a course that will thereafter be charged for, a free-to-enter trade show, the opening of a shop and a professional theatrical performance are all commercial events. If the principal objective of the event is to raise money for other causes or if it is to provide information about or support for a voluntary or charitable organisation then it is non-commercial. A village fête, a charity fundraising event, a fun run and an amateur theatrical performance are all non-commercial events. There are obviously some grey areas in this definition so please contact us if in doubt. Penny Post is committed to promoting all suitable events as widely as possible.
Hungerford Summer Festival @ various
8:00 am Abstract Reality Exhibition @ Newbury Library
Abstract Reality Exhibition @ Newbury Library
Jul 11 @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Abstract Reality Exhibition at Newbury Library Two artists under 1 roof – Bringing together abstract acrylic paint pours and detailed watercolour pencil portraits. June 1st – August 3rd 2019 Caroline Moore and Ross Buckner will[...]
9:30 am Brick City Exhibition & Brick Den Workshops @ The Base
9:30 am Computer Lessons @ Thatcham Library @ Thatcham library
Computer Lessons @ Thatcham Library @ Thatcham library
Jul 11 @ 9:30 am – 11:00 am
Computer Lessons for beginners Every Thursday morning at Thatcham Library. To book a session, please contact the library: 01635 866049 http://info.westberks.gov.uk/article/30286 Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBerksLibraries Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newburylibrary/
9:30 am Oxford Landscapes @ Vale & Downland Museum
Oxford Landscapes @ Vale & Downland Museum
Jul 11 @ 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Local artist William North is bringing his paintings of the Oxford landscapes to exhibit in the Museum’s Upper Gallery. This is a Creative Coverage Solo Show. Free admission but donations welcomed.
10:00 am Rhymetime/Storytime @ Pangbourne Library
Rhymetime/Storytime @ Pangbourne Library
Jul 11 @ 10:00 am – 10:30 am
Rhymetime/Storytime for 0 to 5 years Alternating on Thursday in TERM TIME ONLY – 10.00-10.30am at Pangbourne Library. For more information, please contact the library. http://info.westberks.gov.uk/article/30285 Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBerksLibraries Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newburylibrary/
10:00 am St Katharine’s House Dementia Cafe @ St Katharine's House
St Katharine’s House Dementia Cafe @ St Katharine's House
Jul 11 @ 10:00 am
St Katharine’s House Care Home in Wantage hosts a Dementia Cafe every Thursday starting at 10 am. This is a great opportunity for anyone in the community who has dementia or family members who are in[...]
11:00 am Craft & Chat @ Newbury Library @ Newbury Library
Craft & Chat @ Newbury Library @ Newbury Library
Jul 11 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Craft and Chat Every Thursday. 11.00am-1.00pm at Newbury Library. Drop in and bring any craft with you. For more information, please contact the library. Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBerksLibraries Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newburylibrary/ http://info.westberks.gov.uk/article/30251
2:00 pm Berkshire Grandparents Support Group @ St Nicolas Meeting House
Berkshire Grandparents Support Group @ St Nicolas Meeting House
Jul 11 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Berkshire Grandparents Support Group is a safe supportive space for grandparents and close family members who have little or no contact with their grandchildren due to difficult family situations. We aim to support you and[...]
2:30 pm Rhymetime @ Burghfield Library @ Burghfield Library
Rhymetime @ Burghfield Library @ Burghfield Library
Jul 11 @ 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Rhymetime Rhymetime for under 3’s – Thursdays, 2.30-3.00pm during term time only at Burghfield Library. For more information, please contact the library. Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBerksLibraries Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newburylibrary/ http://info.westberks.gov.uk/article/30281
3:30 pm Chess Club @ Thatcham Library
Chess Club @ Thatcham Library
Jul 11 @ 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Chess Club Every Thursday, 3.30-4.30pm, in term time only – suitable for children over 6 years. Please contact the library to book in advance as spaces are limited: http://info.westberks.gov.uk/35194 Twitter: https://twitter.com/WBerksLibraries Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newburylibrary/
5:00 pm Wimbledon Cocktails at The Bell at Ramsbury @ The Bell at Ramsbury
Wimbledon Cocktails at The Bell at Ramsbury @ The Bell at Ramsbury
Jul 11 @ 5:00 pm
Wimbledon Cocktails at The Bell at Ramsbury Date 1- 14th July Price between 5 – 6.30 £6 after 6.30 £8.5 Daily Cocktails at a special price between the hours of 5.30-6.30 at £6 and after 6.30 £8.5.
7:30 pm A Perfect World – outdoor Miracle Theatre near Marlborough @ Ogbourne Maizey
A Perfect World – outdoor Miracle Theatre near Marlborough @ Ogbourne Maizey
Jul 11 @ 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
The best of all worlds or is all too good to be true? Miracle Theatre is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a specially written rollicking musical for lovers of open-air theatre and comedy, taking you on[...]