How to Use the Penny Post Calendar.
To visit the calendar click here
Finding an Event
To find a specific type of event, click on Categories and select one (or more) event type (s).
To find events in a certain area, click on Tags to select one or more town or area. If, for instance, if you want to find activities for children in Hungerford, select the 'For Children' Category and the 'Hungerford' tag. If you want to see if there's anything in the villages surrounding Hungerford, also select the 'Hungerford area' tag.
To return to the complete event listings, click on the X in front of Categories or Tags to clear the filter.
Scroll through the calendar by clicking on the arrows either side of CURRENT MONTH. To select a specific date, click on CURRENT MONTH and a dropdown calendar will appear.
Click on the + sign at the bottom right of the event summary for full details.
How to Add Your Events to the Penny Post Calendar.
You are welcome to add events to the calendar. To do this, click on the green box '+ Post Your Event' at the top of each page of the calendar. All events will be saved as draft and need to be approved by us so please post your event in good time.
To add your event's start time, untick the box at the top that defaults to 'All-day event'. If there's a specified ending time, tick the box 'Add end date/time'.
Categories and tags
Please select the category/ies from the list provided that best describe your event. Don't worry about the tags – we'll add these.
If your event takes place over two or more days and has identical start and end times you don't need to do a separate event for each: simply create the first event and then email firstname.lastname@example.org telling us the name of the event and the subsequent date/s on which it appears.
If any of your repeating events have different start and/or finish dates then this needs to be regarded as a separate event.
Adding an image
This will appear as the header image at the top of the event and so could be, for example, a poster. Bear in mind that small text may be illegible: information you want to convey should therefore be added into the 'Description' box when creating your event.
Commercial and non-commercial events
If your events are commercial one we may make a charge for featuring them. You can either contact us at email@example.com in advance to discuss this or we shall contact you once we see the event. The distinction between commercial and non-commercial isn't always clear. As an example, we would generally not charge if you were organising a fundraiser in your village hall (even though you'd be taking money) but generally would if you were organising a series of classes for which you were charging. See the foot of this page for a bit more on this.
We can also give additional publicity to your event/s, including on social media and in the various Penny Post e-newsletters. If we do not already have an agreement in place with you about this, please see section 5 of our Advertise with us page for more information.
Please bear in mind the following points:
• If you have paid to have your event listed in the weekly Penny Post newsletter you still need to upload it onto the calendar as this does not happen automatically.
• Please check that all the information is correct and complete.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that your event information is not misleading and is not in any way likely to bring Penny Post into disrepute.
• Penny Post reserves the right to edit or remove or not to publish any events if these conditions are breached.
* A commercial event is one where any profit is retained by the individual or organisation concerned and may include events where there is no admission charge. For example, a free yoga class as a taster for a course that will thereafter be charged for, a free-to-enter trade show, the opening of a shop and a professional theatrical performance are all commercial events. If the principal objective of the event is to raise money for other causes or if it is to provide information about or support for a voluntary or charitable organisation then it is non-commercial. A village fête, a charity fundraising event, a fun run and an amateur theatrical performance are all non-commercial events. There are obviously some grey areas in this definition so please contact us if in doubt.
A joint John O’Gaunt/Hungerford Town Council enterprise
After two years of staging the Showcase during the school day, the organisers believe that a change would be beneficial and have thus chosen to hold it this year in the evening of Tuesday 22 October, from 6.30pm to 8.00pm. As before, this will be open to the public (who hitherto have often been unable to attend the day-time events).
This will enhance the annual parent’s evening which takes place at the same time.
The event will demonstrate the wide scope of jobs and career opportunities across a wide range of trades and sectors in and around the town. The aim, as in previous years, is to provide visitors with key pointers as to the skills and aptitude necessary to develop future career aspirations. Representatives from local colleges and apprenticeship organisations will also be attending.
If you wish to discover more about the carer and apprenticeship opportunities that exist on your doorstep, we look forward to seeing you there.
We are opening our doors on our exclusive Leisure Club. Come and join us for a tour, see our glorious swimming pool and newly refurbished gym and studio, grab a coffee or something to eat at our onsite restaurant Blandy’s Bistro.
The best kept secret is its affordable luxury. Membership is £45 per month for use of the pool, classes and gym inclusive as well as discounts on our Spa treatments and Restaurant.
Special offers on the day include:
• Complementary Sunday Roast for two (signing up on the day)
• 10% off Food and Drink in Blandy’s Bistro
• 20% off Spa Treatments booked on the day & Spa Goodie bags
We have limited availability so pleased pre-booked your space by email on InglewoodClub@audleyvillages.co.uk There will be a prize draw for those that email their confirmation, with chance to win a Cream Tea.