Ticketer has a great opportunity for a Repairs Support Technician who will work in our Operations function supporting the teams responsible for our RMA (‘Return Material Authorisation’) process. The primary focus of the role will be diagnosing and repairing existing Ticketer products and sending this out to our customer base throughout the UK.
The role will include…
- Hands-on testing, troubleshooting, and repairing ticket machines and arranging dispatch of repaired units to our customers. This will include but not be limited to:
- Working with electronic components in a suitable and safe environment
- Changing components, checking connections, and undertaking test activities through both following of basic instructions and use of own initiative
- Ensuring full traceability throughout
- Timely completion and submission of all required paperwork
- Communicating effectively with internal teams and customers, verbally and in writing, throughout repair and returns process, providing additional information to keep all parties informed
- Facilitating the Returns and Repairs management process, keeping records of stock, executed orders, returns etc.
- Using initiative to achieve targeted results, whilst maintaining our customer-centric ethos
- Working to spot trends and conduct analysis on faults, instigating remedial measures to correct
- Potentially analysing operational systems (i.e. logfiles) identifying issues and recommending sustainable alternatives
- Creating and maintaining documentation that serves as a knowledge base for product development
- Developing problem solutions
- Studying system capabilities
We are looking for someone who…
- Has some experience in fault finding electronic assemblies
- Has strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Has the ability to read equipment logs to diagnose faults
- Is an accomplished user of computer systems including the MS Office suite (especially Excel)
- Has confidence to liaise with suppliers and customers in respect to queries and issues
- Has excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Is organised, pro-active, willing to learn, adaptable and positive
- Is open to feedback, motivated, can multi-task, with a high attention to detail
- Can work independently and as well as part of a team
- Has good knowledge of the British Isles geography
- Has a full driving license and is willing to occasionally travel within the UK
It would be desirable if…
- You are proficient at interpreting diagrams and schematics
- You have basic electronics knowledge, including the use of a multimeter and safe electronics working
- You have previous working experience within the Bus Transportation industry
- You have Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and experience working with database applications
We are a leading provider of public transport ticketing information systems in the UK. From delivering cloud-based, data-driven information and analytics, to development of innovative mobility solutions to help future-proof operations and improve transport infrastructure – Ticketer is in the business of helping transport operators operate.
As a mark of its innovative contribution to the industry, Ticketer has been awarded several accolades, amongst others the prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: Innovation 2020, ranked by Financial Times as one of Europe’s top 1000 fastest growing companies (2020), awarded the Transport Ticketing Award for 2021 Digital Champion and selected for the Most Innovative Public Transportation Technology 2022 title by the UK Transport Awards.
In addition to a fulfilling career with us, Ticketer will offer you…
Private Health Insurance; Life Assurance; annual £250 allowance to put towards your wellbeing; 25 days holiday, which increases with service; 3 half-day Summer Fridays and birthdays off; a 5% contribution to your company pension fund; access to PerkBox; plus a few more that we are excited to tell you about!
How to apply for the position of Repairs Support Technician
Please send your CV to [email protected].