If you see any flooding or fast moving water please can you, without danger to yourself, either capture still photos or very short videos – about five seconds with narrative of where it is. Where there is imminent danger to life, call 999 immediately.
Report a flooding or pollution problem to:
- Thames Water online here or call 0800 316 9800.
Environment Agency on 0800 807060 (no on-line reporting)
Report an emergency (including flooding) to West Berks Council here: westberks.gov.uk/emergency-planning
To report flooding or pollution concerning an ordinary watercourse (not main River which is Environment Agency’s concern), groundwater or surface water, email [email protected] and attach photos that aren’t too large.
More advice from West Berkshire Council:
- Find out if you are in a flood risk area.
- Sign up to flood warnings from the Environment Agency.
- Know what to do should you get a flood alert, a flood warning, or a severe flood warning.
- Have a plan in place to protect your property in advance. This may include having property level protection such as flood doors and gates, air brick covers, or pumps.
- Report any blocked road gulleys on our website to allow the teams time to fix the problem.
- Be prepared for bad weather on the roads and try to avoid driving through flood water. For more information about driving in wet/flood conditions click here.
- Information on school closures due to bad weather will be announced on our website here.
More West Berkshire links:
- If not so urgent, you can use WBC Drainage On-line Map to report blocked road drains and flooding. Can upload photos. westberks.highway-iams.uk/Live/PBLC/PIP/?cg=Drainage
- Lead Local Flood Authority Info westberks.gov.uk/flood-risk-management.