The Retreat is a newly re-imagined 18th-century country house hotel and spa set in magnificent grounds located between historic Hungerford and Newbury in the heart of the beautiful West Berkshire countryside. With a spa, two restaurants, a bar and 55 bedrooms, there’s a range of positions, full- and part-time that we need to ensure are constantly filled and thus a range of career opportunities that we can provide.
This is an exciting and vibrant new hotel company that is looking for truly exceptional people to join its team. If you love hotels like we do and are keen to develop, learn and have fun, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a fabulous working environment, excellent pay, a share of tips (role-dependent), bonuses, supplier trips, ongoing personal development, free meals while on shift, 25% staff discount, 28 days holiday and much more. Watch our short recruitment video to find out more.
Our vacancies vary and below is a list of the type of roles we have. Whether you already have the relevant skills and experience or if you are just hungry to learn and to build a career in hospitality, please get in touch.
- Kitchen. The Retreat experience is all about enjoying exceptional food and drink. We have two stunning restaurants: 1772, our all-day Brasserie; and Yu, our Pan-Asian Restaurant. We also provide private dining and events. Kitchen roles include chefs of all levels and kitchen porters.
- Restaurant and bar. Whether our customers are enjoying a leisurely breakfast, afternoon tea, dinner in one of our restaurants or a tasting in our Whisky Library, we provide first-class service. Join the team on the bar or in the restaurant.
- Spa. With two pools, a gym, treatment rooms, a hair salon and nail salon, The Retreat is the perfect spot to switch off and relax. If you’re a therapist or technician, we would love to hear from you.
- Reception. Our customers first experience of The Retreat is a warm, efficient welcome form our reception team. If you love working with customers, and providing excellent service, we may have just the job for you.
- Housekeeping. Ensuring our beautiful bedrooms, suites and public areas are ready for guests is an essential and rewarding role.
How to apply
Whether you are interested in the career opportunities described above or have a general enquiry, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.