Newbury Family Counselling Service is seeking a warm, welcoming and empathic worker to support our integral Ofsted registered crèche.
Salary: £9 an hour
Hours: 3.5 hours Mondays only between 9.15am – 12.45pm
Our service is a children’s charity (charity no: 1117783) that focusses on the mental health of parents and carers. We provide free professional counselling at Newbury Methodist Church on Mondays to parents/carers, who self-refer to the service, who are struggling with poor emotional health and/or the stress of parenting.
Our crèche is essential to the service enabling parents receive professional support knowing that their child/ren are being well cared for by the crèche worker.
We are a small team of two Counsellors, Crèche Worker and Manager.
You will need to have NVQ Level 2 in Early Year & Childcare or relevant experience/training in working with children.
You will need to be able to:
• Welcome families to the service
• Provide a programme of stimulating play to support children’s development
• Have a good knowledge of Early Childhood development
• Understand children’s needs while their parent/carer is in a counselling session
• Work both as a team member and on your own
• Uphold Ofsted standards
• Uphold and maintain NFCS’s policies and procedures
• Have an understanding of safeguarding children
• Be willing to undertake relevant training.
A current Paediatric First Aid certificate is an advantage NFCS is committed to safeguarding children; the post requires an enhanced DBS.
How to Apply
For further information and application form please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org