Educafe is a new Community Interest Company which create spaces for everyone to enjoy, meet, eat, learn and make new friends in West Berkshire. They are also the official home of DECSA, the Diverse Ethnic Communities Support Agency for West Berkshire.
The community café was officially opened on Wednesday 7 July 2021 at The Globe’s indoor garden on Bartholomew Street, Newbury by West Berkshire Council’s Chairman, Councillor Clive Hooker. Councillor Hooker welcomed everyone and congratulated Clare and Colline on bringing this much needed service to the residents of West Berkshire and encouraged everyone to come along to this exciting new venture and join in the different services and activities on offer. (Listen to Penny’s report of the event on This Week with Penny on 4LEGS radio here, from 11 min 20 sec).
Clare and Colline would like to thank Colin and Katie of the Globe Pub, Newbury for their incredible generosity in donating the venue and allowing Educafe to host the community café there every Wednesday between 11am and 3pm.
Educafe would also like to thank the incredible generosity of their volunteers who made everyone welcome and contributed so much the launch event’s success. The attendance was very good and the feedback was very positive especially from those new to the area, who said it was invaluable opportunity to meet people and get involved with the community.
The weekly community café offers:
- A communal space for people to make new friends or meet up with friends and families.
- Seating for people to work away from their office or home.
- Free drinks and cake for everyone.
- The opportunity to meet local service providers who offer help and support ranging from careers advice, health and wellbeing to adult social care, family services, dementia friends and debt management.
- An English language conversation corner.
- The Educafe Parent Village, a safe place for babies and toddlers.
- Help with transport to Newbury as required.
The Community Café is open every Wednesday from 11am – 3pm and everyone is welcome – we hope to see you there.