Hungerford in Bloom returns this year in its much-loved traditional format. Hungerford Town Council welcomes entries from residents, community groups and businesses and there are categories for all types of garden or floral displays, large or small. We know that many of our residents have spent a huge amount of time in their gardens throughout lockdown so we are looking forward to seeing the fruits of their labour.
Please get involved. Residential or commercial, we hope you will make the competition fun, help enhance our beautiful town and maybe provide inspiration to others.
1.Private residential property
- Front Garden
- Back Garden
- Courtyard Garden
2. Volunteer Garden
4. Commercial Premises
- Public Houses
- Any Other Commercial
1. Garden means an area with beds / borders / lawns etc. A garden can also include containers.
2. Courtyard Garden has hardstanding and comprises mainly containers.
3. Volunteer Garden is any area tended by volunteers.
4. Container can be any vessel used to grow plants in. This includes baskets, pots, troughs and planters but also more unusual containers, for instance wheelbarrows, wellies etc
5. Public Houses are eligible to enter if they are within the bounds of Hungerford town.
6. Shops includes all retail outlets including car showrooms.
7. Any Other Commercial includes all other commercial premises within the bounds of the town including those on business parks.
8. Any elements of the display provided by HTC will be excluded from judging.
9. Displays must last for the duration of the season for which they are intended as far as possible, ie, summer displays June/July.
10. Entries will be accepted from anyone providing their entry complies with this schedule.
11. Entries will be scored on the following criteria: colour, variety of planting, maintenance, originality and overall impact.
12. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
13. The Margaret Wilson Memorial Trophy will be awarded to the entrant who receives the highest total score from the judges across all residential categories entered.
14. The Judges’ decision is final.
15. Entry forms must be submitted to HTC office by email or hard copy by 5pm on Monday 21st June 2021.
16. Judging will take place on Saturday, 3rd July 2021.
How to Enter
Please download an entry form from Hungerford Town Council’s website (scroll down to find the pdf download).
Or please call Hungerford Town Council on 01488 686195 and leave a message with your name, an email address or postal address and we will send you an entry form.