Congratulations to Barbara in Thatcham for winning our quiz to receive vouchers totalling £75:
- £25 voucher for Cobbs Farm Shop near Hungerford;
- £25 voucher for any Honesty Coffee Shop including Saddleback Farm Shop near Brightwalton;
- £25 voucher for Karen and Neil Millar-Ward’s fruit and veg market stall at Hungerford (every Wed), Thatcham (every Fri) and Marlborough (every Sat).
The Quiz – Answers Below
We all rely on farmers and the food they grow. A number of people and organisations help them (there are also others whom farmers might say hinder them, but let’s pass over that point). One such type of person is the subject of this prize quiz.
All you need to do is to answer the questions below, then arrange the initial letters of the answers to form the ten-letter name of the type of advisor that farmers rely on to help decide which crops to grow and how to look after them.
- Main ingredient of silage and hay. Grass
- Do Quakers prefer this cereal? Oats
- Imperial land measure. Acre
- This type of plough can manage without lands. Reversible
- You need these to get outputs. Inputs
- Key crop nutrient. Nitrogen
- Type of cattle herd where cows and calves stay together. Suckler
- Is this grass somewhat nervous? Twitch
- Where hops lose most of their moisture. Oast
- Silage crop sometimes cut to create puzzles. Maize
Thanks to farming journalist and PP reader Andrew Blake for contributing this quiz.
How to Enter
Please email the single ten-letter word – not the answers to the individual questions – to [email protected] with the subject “PP 2021 Farm Shop” by midnight on Monday 31 May 2021.
Make sure to include your name, where you live (the town or village name is fine) and your phone number (which we’ll only use to contact you about this competition).
Please also see the terms and conditions below.
Many thanks again to our voucher donors.
Terms & Conditions
• The winner will be selected at random from the correct entries received as described above and will be notified by email by 6pm on Tuesday 1 June. Acceptance must be confirmed by email within 48 hours or we will select another winner to whom this condition will also apply. The judge’s decision in all matters will be final.
• If you’re not already a subscriber to Penny Post, by entering this competition you’re agreeing to have your email address added to our circulation list. We do not pass on information to third parties and you can opt out at any time.
• Only one entry can be accepted from any one email address.