If you have given up trying to make sourdough, this is a quick and easy way to make a nutritous loaf.
- 360gms porridge oats
- 500ml natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2+ tablespoons of mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia etc)
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon or so of milk or black treacle
- Mix all dry ingredients together, add yoghurt and beaten egg and mix together. Add a little milk/treacle (but don’t make it too wet).
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Give it around an hour in the middle of the oven at around 180 degrees. Test with a skewer – if it comes out fairly clean the loaf is ready.
The consistency is quite dense like rye bread but it toasts beautifully.
Two slices for breakfast keeps you going all day. Or you can slice it thinly and top with smoked salmon, dill sauce and capers.
Thanks to Karen Hobbs for submitting this repice. If you would like to share a recipe, please email email@example.com