St Nicholas C of E Primary School in Challow, Oxfordshire requires a Chair of Governors. This will be a voluntary role.
Start date: January 2021
We are looking for a new Chair of Governors to lead our friendly, proactive governing body. Our governors come from a variety of different backgrounds with a wide range of skills and experience, but all share a common interest in wanting the best possible education for the children in our school. This opportunity is open to parents/carers or anyone else from the community, and you will benefit from support and guidance from fellow governors.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
- Is an experienced and effective Governor or Chair of Governors.
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school.
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community.
- Has spare time and the energy for the role.
- Is able to work well as part of a team.
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school.
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements.
What is the role of the governing body?
- Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement.
- Holding the Headteacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent.
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills.
- Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters.
- A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential.
We are particularly interested in applications from people with finance/budgetary experience who can occasionally visit the school during the day.
How to apply
St Nicholas C of E is a small Primary School in East Challow and is part of the Vale Academy Trust. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a written application of no more than 150 words, detailing why you want the position and outlining the skills, attributes and experience that you could successfully bring to the role.
Applications should be addressed to Richard Evans, CEO, Vale Academy Trust, The Studio, St Mary’s Convent, Wantage, OX12 9AU If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role before submitting an application please email email@example.com