Pedestrianisation Plan for the future
- South side of Market Place (Fat Face side) closed to unauthorised traffic.
- Two-way traffic on north side of Market Place (Wildwood side) with 20 mph speed limit.
- Buses and taxis to be accommodated in eastern end of Market Place.
- Pedestrian area to be extended to cover the highway on southern side of Market Place from western end to crossing by statue and up towards the Bell Public House.
- Car park to west of statue to remain open but 3 parking spaces designated for the disabled leaving 11 (30 minute) parking spaces for general public.
- No access to and from Market Place to Newbury Street.
- Newbury Street from Market Place to Post Office Lane pedestrianised (2 disabled parking spaces).
Have Your Say
Please complete the survey here by 31 October 2020 (Paper copies of the survey questionnaire are also available at the Vale and Downland Museum in Church Street).
Your input on the survey will assist the Town Council on whether they seek to implement the full plan or just stay with the western end for now.