The Queens Arms in East Garston has reopened following a major refurbishment during lockdown. Owners Freddie and Sue Tulloch – who had placed the pub on the market in late 2019 – had a major change of heart and instead have gone full throttle to completely change the look and feel of the pub. Several months of work further on, this is what the Queens now has to offer…
- A new reception area has been created.
- The bar has been turned into a more intimate area with sofas and comfortable chairs in front of the fire.
- The restaurant has an assortment of table set ups to suit any size of party.
- The outside covered area has been transformed into a garden room, a beautiful light and airy extension off the restaurant.
- The garden terrace has also seen a makeover with new furniture and booths.
- The outdoor pizza oven now has draft beer on tap, ready for a garden party (when the sun decides to shine).
- The car park has been transformed with the outdoor bedrooms having been given their own private seating areas.
- There has been the construction of a new smoking area with heaters.
- The Queens Lodge across the road is now in even better shape for the weddings, private parties and business meetings that will hopefully be allowed to go ahead.
“We’re absolutely delighted with the changes,” said co-owner Sue Tulloch. “It also goes without saying that we’re been sure that these have been consistent with government advice about social-distancing regulations. We believe that improvements will help ensure the future of the Queens as a successful and convivial local pub.”
The Queens also has a new manager, Mike Hedges, who has been instrumental in the changes. As well as overseeing the building works, he has formed a great relationship with head chef Beni Szojka. ‘Together they have created new and delicious restaurant and bar menus,” Freddie Tulloch added. “These feature the finest and freshest ingredients and locally-sourced produce. We have also been busy recruiting staff to ensure Mike and Beni are well supported. We, and they, look forward to seeing you here at the new-look Queens Arms!”
Contact the Queens Arms