The Hungerford Club was pleased to re-open on Saturday 4 July. The opening hours will now be weekdays noon to 3pm and 7-10 pm; and weekends noon to 5pm.
Whilst the Club has been closed it has been thoroughly cleaned and there have been a few changes for members’ and staff safety so please follow the instructions in the bar for everyone’s benefit. As only paid-up members can use the Club, please take this opportunity to join or renew your membership (see details below).
Please note the following points:
- The changes to the internal layout and the new screens are to enable indoor use whilst keeping apart: please do not re-arrange the furniture.
- Please ensure you comply with social-distancing guidances: do not crowd inside and please use the hand sanitiser placed conveniently around the building. The doors and windows will remain open during the opening hours above. Ppart of the bar will remain closed and the other half has restricted access to keep suitable distancing.
- Please pay by contactless and write your name and those in your group onto the session sheet. This will help track and trace if necessary (do not sign or scribble, it must be legible!)
- We are increasing our outdoor space, so please drink outside as much as possible but please remember our neighbours and remain close to the club house.
- Please do not take your empties back:we appreciate the gesture but there is a risk of contamination
As time goes on there will be more changes based on government guidance and our experience. We will be flexible, but overall we want everyone to be safe yet still enjoy our wonderful newly decorated facilities. This situation is new for everyone, so please work with us on this, and help create the safest social space in town! And don’t forget the club bar prices are very favourable compared with pub prices.
There will be a reduced range of beer at first as we do not know what numbers to expect and don’t want the beer to go off.