Due to government guidelines on the coronavirus, we have closed our charity’s face-to-face advice sessions. However, there are many ways to access our free, confidential, independent and impartial advice. Please do bear with us as waiting times for our services may be slightly longer than usual.
- Visit citizensadvice.org.uk/coronavirus
- General advice will be given via our Adviceline which people can reach by calling 03444 111 444. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
- People can chat online to an advisor by visiting our national website at citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/web-chat-service/
Citizens Advice West Berkshire
- You can ring us on 01635 516605.You can leave a message and we’ll ring you back as soon as we can. This line operates from Monday-Thursday
- To email us, visit citizensadvicewestberkshire.org.uk. Go to “Getting help” then “Online Advice” and complete a short enquiry form. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- For advice and information for people with disabilities or long-term health conditions and their carers, call our Carers Advice Service on 01635 516609. Leave a message and someone will return your call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 12.00am – 3.30pm.
- Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 144 8444.
- If you want to make a new claim for Universal Credit and have access to a computer, please call 01635 516605 and we will try to help you find a way forward.
People looking for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you’ve purchased) can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on
0808 223 1133 or visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer