Are you well organised and enthusiastic about community work?
Would you like to help run a small charity?
The Hungerford Youth and Community Centre is a vibrant and welcoming place, providing a bright and practical space for volunteer groups to use for their activities. Our current Centre Manager is very sad to leave due to family responsibilities, and we are looking for just the right person to replace her. Could it be you?
We’re looking for a positive and responsible person to run the Hungerford Youth and Community Centre (HYCC) with the help and support of a proactive Board of Trustees. We will soon be looking for a Youth Worker to work alongside the Centre Manager and run sessions at the Centre. Part of the Centre Manager’s role will be to support and oversee the Youth Project.
15.5 hours per week £11.50 per hour (£22,200 p.a. pro rata £9300). Ideally working 4 hours/day on 4 days/week. Term time only arrangement is available. Reasonable flexibility of working hours will be expected to include some meetings and appointments as the need arises. Position is part-time permanent. Duties consist of:
• Running HYCC Charity in accordance with all relevant laws and in accordance with good practice.
• Designing and implementing funding strategy for HYCC.
• Writing funding applications and reports.
• Reviewing and implementing Health and Safety at HYCC.
• Acting as Safeguarding Officer at HYCC.
• Managing bookings and invoicing.
• Acting as line manager for Youth Worker.
• Managing maintenance and cleaning at HYCC.
• Keeping website and social media accounts updated.
• Implementing decisions made by the Board of Trustees.
• Reporting to the Board and ensuring that its Trustees are informed of relevant issues.
• Taking and writing minutes of Board Meetings.
• Keeping a timesheet of hours worked.
The applicant must have good reading and writing skills, be keyboard competent, have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and be able to deal with basic book-keeping. They will need strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise tasks efficiently. The ideal candidate will have experience of charity and fundraising work, have a positive, can-do attitude and be good at working independently and as part of a team.
For more details about the position contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send CV and contact details for two references, including current employer if applicable, with a short explanation as to why you think you are suitable for this role, to: email@example.com
Closing date: 28th October 2019
Interviews: 2nd November 2019
Start date: November 2019