You may have seen poster (see below) around Lambourn. Holiday at Home is an event for older people unable to go on holiday and are at risk of loneliness or social isolation. We need volunteers and donations. Can you help us?
When: Tuesday-Wednesday, 13-14 August 2019
Where: Walwyn Hall, Lambourn
Time: 9am – 5pm approx.
Each day we need the following volunteers:
- 5 x kitchen staff (willing to complete Level 2 Food Hygiene -free of charge, if not already held);
- 7 x table hosts/general helpers;
- 3 x qualified First Aiders;
- 2 x activity co-ordinators (most of the planning has already been done);
- 2 x people to offer simple hand and simple Bowen technique head fascia treatment or willing to learn these skills in advance if necessary.
You will be expected to attend Volunteer Training on Sat 3/8/19 10.30-1.30pm or Sun 4/8/19 5.30-8.30pm. DBS checks may be required.
If you’re interested and can commit to one or both days of the event, please contact Karen Frost on 07444 851606 or email email@example.com for an application form and more details.
Would you like to donate:
- flowers or make up small table flower decorations;
- a roast dinner or part thereof for 45 people;
- 30 goody bags for us to put gifts in;
- a small toiletries item for each of the 30 guests’ goody bags;
If you’d like to support us, please contact Karen at Lambournholidayathome@gmail.com or 07444 851606
For more information on Holiday at Home, please click on the following link :Holiday at Home Info