Latest news from local charities and voluntary groups who would love your support:
• Maymessy near Wantage are hosting a Refugee Resource Day Out on Saturday 22 June with a cultural celebration of food and a large picnic on the grounds of Maymessy. Can you help on the day? Or donate disposable cups for hot and cold drinks? About 70 of each needed. If you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Helping Victims of Domestic Violence charity needs funds to find a new premises for their office and donation storage
• Lambourn Holiday at Home (13-14 Aug for elderly residents who can’t get away this summer) is looking for volunteers and donations
• St Nicholas Church in Baydon is in serious need of significant repair to prevent further damage or even collapse. The walls and roof of the vestry leak, the chancel has serious subsidence following the very hot dry summer, and the lead from the roof of the north aisle was recently stolen. Please donate here to help to save this church for future generations.
• Kay Davies asks for support of her D-Day 22 Challenge 2019 in aid of Blind Veterans UK in memory of her father who landed on Sword Beach on 6/6/1944
• West Berkshire Lottery is a great way to support local causes as 50p from every ticket you buy goes to your nomintad charity!
Click here for more news from local charities and voluntary groups.