Latest news from local charities and voluntary groups who would love your support:
• Maymessy near Wantage are hosting a Refugee Resource Day Out on Saturday 22 June with a cultural celebration of food and a large picnic on the grounds of Maymessy. Can you help? Maymessy is looking for help with transport of about 100 people to and from centre of Oxford to Maymessy, ideally from people with coaches or minibuses (the event takes place from 12 midday to 6pm), as well as donations of soft drinks, water, napkins and the like. If you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kay Davies asks for support of her D-Day 22 Challenge 2019 in aid of Blind Veterans UK in memory of her father who landed on Sword Beach on 6/6/1944
• Please support the fundraising campaign for the 18 month triplet daughters of the policemen who is still critically ill with brain injury after a collision on the A4 near Hungerford last February
• Wantage fundraising supremo Ray Collins Charitable Trust is looking for stallholders for the forthcoming Wantage summer carnival.
• All welcome to Hungerford Lent Lunches in aid of Noreen’s Kids on Fridays starting 15 March.
• Want an opportunity to raise money for your cause? Sign up for Newbury Rotary’s popular sponsored walk which this year will be setting off from Greenham Control Tower on Sun 12 May. Just £1 donation to Rotary to raise as much sponorship money for your own cause as you can.
• West Berkshire Lottery is a great way to support local causes as 50p from every ticket you buy goes to your nomintad charity!