This competition has now closed.
Some tickets for the event are still available: please click here for more information.
The Hungerford Bookshop, well-known for organising top-notch literary events, has another cracker coming up. On Thursday 7 March, the Orenda Roadshow – an evening of international crime fiction – will take place at the Herongate auditorium. 13 authors will be present and each will give a brief synopsis of their latest book and read a short sample of it. There’ll also be a Q&A session, a chance to chat to the authors and some exclusive early-release offers on selected titles. Oh, and a free glass of wine as well.
Tickets normally cost £7 each but three lucky winners will get a pair of tickets each. All you need to do is answer the four questions below. Here they come…
1. What is unusual (and perhaps unique) about Agatha Christie’s novel The Murder of Roger Ackroyd? The narrator was the murderer.
2. Which Norwegian crime writer wrote the bestselling novels featuring the detective Harry Hole? Jo Nesbo.
3. In which story did Sherlock Holmes make his famous remark about the curious incident of the dog in the night time? The Adventure of Silver Blaze.
4. In which fictional town are most of Ruth Rendell’s Inspector Wexford stories set? Kingsmarkham.
How to enter
Please email your answers to [email protected] with the subject ‘Crime competition’. Please make sure these reach us by 9am on Monday 4 March. The winners will be notified as soon as possible thereafter (see terms and conditions below) and, once acceptance has been confirmed, arrangements will be made you to pick up your tickets on the night.
Terms and Conditions
• If you’re not already a subscriber to Penny Post, by entering this competition you’re agreeing to have your email address added to our circulation list. We do not pass on information to third parties and you can opt out at any time.
• Only one entry can be accepted from any one email address.
• The winners will be selected at random from the correct entries received and notified within 12 hours of the deadline. If we haven’t heard from you to confirm acceptance within 24 hours we will select another winner to whom this condition will also apply.