Be scam aware:
- Has the call, letter, email or text arrived unexpectedly?
- You’ve never heard of the lottery or competition they are talking about and didn’t buy a ticket.
- They are asking you to send money in advance or you are being asked for personal or security details.
- You’re being urged to respond quickly so you don’t get time to think about it or talk to family and friends.
Help to protect yourself and others by following these key steps:
- Get advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service 03454 04 05 06 who can provide advice and pass details on to Trading Standards.
- Report scams or suspected scams to Action Fraud at 0300 123 2040 or visit www.actionfraud.police.uk
- Tell a friend, neighbour or relative about any scams you become aware of.