What a Week for Kintbury Jubilee Centre
Last Friday saw the official handover of Kintbury Jubilee Centre to the new Community Management team. It was a great launch, with Richard Benyon, Annabel Chaffey and Steve from Charlie Austin Academy.
It has been a lot of hard work getting to this point, and Friday’s launch made us all proud of the community. It just goes to show what can be archived when a community comes together. We want to build something special, and ensure that the Kintbury Jubilee Centre is used by as many people as possible. BUT, the hard work is far from over – we are “running a business”, and we still need your support.
We have regular fitness classes, clubs for children and adults, toddler and baby groups – and of course it is a great venue for birthday parties (especially with our bouncy “tiger”). We hope to be adding more fitness classes, yoga and pilates, a drop in cafe, table tennis – and so much more.
When I started on this venture there were so many things available at the centre I had no idea about … if I had, I may have used it more. Talking to other people, they to, did not realise that you can just drop in to the classes, or book a badminton court when you want (if it is free!), some parents were not even aware of the Baby and Toddler groups. So here is a Top 10 of
DID YOU KNOW …..?
- You can book a badminton court any time you like (£10 a court for an hour) – just check the BOOKINGS for availability (equipment can be supplied)
- The Party hire includes the big bouncy castle (strictly speaking a tiger), and soft play equipment
- There is a Crèche for some of the morning Fitness classes, so we’ll look after the little one, while you get fit
- The Play n Bounce and Play Buddies are drop is sessions held weekly for parents with babies and toddlers – with soft play equipment out (and bouncy tiger)
- You can hire the whole hall – fancy starting your own club or fitness class. Contact us
- We have a brand new “studio” coming – and will be offering Yoga and Pilates
- Gymnastics is on offer for children on Monday nights
- It is not just Sports on offer ….
- We’re open until 10pm
- We are all over the web and social media – so please subscribe to FACEBOOK
There is so much potential and so much more to come. Let us know what you think – do you have any ideas, would fitness classes on a Saturday be of interest. Check out the website www.kintburyjubileecentre.co.uk and please share on social media.