• If you are troubled by nasty white marks in your bathroom regions here is a cheap solution:
Buy citric acid from a hardware shop. Mix one teaspoon of the powder with cold tap water and pour into a spray bottle.
Use as a daily shower spray and around taps etc. No need to rinse and no more hard water marks as the citric acid dissolves limescale.
• Instead of chemical sprays, you can use vinegar with newspaper to clean windows. Mix vinegar with water and spray onto the window, then scrub with newspaper (not paper towels, as they leave marks)
• To easily clean a microwave, place a bowl of water with a couple of slices of lemon inside and microwave for a few minutes. The steam will loosen the dirt inside the microwave, making it easier to wipe off.
• Tomato ketchup can be used to shine copper. Rub ketchup onto the copper to remove tarnish, then rinse with warm water.
• Bicarbonate of soda acts as a natural deodorizer: Sprinkle some in your shoes to avoid foot odour. Further, its deodorizing abilities make it a great ingredient to get rid of odour from your dishwasher, bins and cat litter, etc. (tip from Jo Cooke)