This delicious shortbread recipe has been provided by the Lambourn Valley Dental Practice.
• 100g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
• 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
• 50g cornflour
• 50g ground almonds
• 250g pack cold butter cut into cubes
• 50g glacé cherries, finely chopped
• ½ tsp almond extract
• 8 tbsp cherry jam, sieved
• Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan/Gas 4
• Sift the icing sugar, flour and cornflour together into a bowl. Stir in the ground almonds and butter, then rub in the butter until smooth.
• Stir in the chopped glacé cherries and almond extract, and bring together to form a dough.
• Roll out on a lightly floured surface, then stamp out biscuits using a heart shaped cutter. Keep re-rolling the trimmings until all the dough is used.
• Carefully transfer the biscuits to baking trays lined with parchment and bake for 8-10 mins until just pale golden.
• Using an upturned bottle, or similar, press gently into the centre of each biscuit to make a round indent.
• Spoon in a little jam and return to the oven for 2 mins.
• Remove and cool on a wire rack, before dusting with icing sugar to serve.