There are a lot more than 10 things actually but that’s a book and not a blog!
- No-one wears anything slashed to the navel, a tan usually comes from a holiday and sequins are a rarity.
- The only faffing about before you start dancing is because you haven’t put your dance shoes on yet.
- The music is usually appropriate to the dance…..
- Having a good time means being able to do more than one dance.
- You’ll be dancing for more than a minute and a half, in fact usually more than an hour and a half.
- There’s more than 1 couple on the floor which means that dancing is more like driving – mirror, signal, manoeuvre!
- Dance routines are out, lead and follow and thinking on your feet are in.
- Dips, drops and dragging across the floor are out – you’d just trip someone else up as they come past.
- Lifts are also out – you might take someone’s eye out!
- No-one is watching and judging – they’re usually dancing – and if they are watching it’s because they think that you’re good.
And anyone who knows me also knows that I always say more than planned!
11. There is no applause or standing ovation, just the satisfaction of moving to music with a partner in your arms.