Enjoy a family day out!
- Steam and Diesel Trains in operation
- Large Display of the original preserved and restored Star Tugs models from the TUGS TV series that aired on the ITV network in 1989.
- ‘Spot the Tug’ Competition
- Children’s activities and colouring sheets
Visit the GWT Museum and restoration workshops.
Watch the modern passenger and freight trains from the Picnic Area.
In addition, you will be able to:
- Ride in coaches from the 1930s behind some of our Great Western steam locomotives, or in our Steam Railmotor or Diesel Railcar. We have two running lines, ‘The Main Line‘ and ‘The Branch Line‘ with trains normally running on either or both of them. You may ride as many times as you like as there is no extra charge
- Watch the trains go past. There are frequent journeys on our running lines so you will have plenty of opportunities to take photos from vantage points alongside the tracks as well as ride on the trains
This is a Steam Day, so you will be able to view our collections of locomotives, coaches, wagons and buildings as described in the Centre Guide and in our Guidebook (available for purchase from our shop or at the entrance) and enjoy the various facilities and exhibits.