Newbury based United Konsultants has teamed up with West Berkshire Council to offer a FREE workshop for local businesses.
Grants of up to 70% are available for commercial research and development, separately from Research & Development (R&D) tax credits or other tax allowances. Nevertheless many proposals fail because applicants don’t understand what is needed for the application.
This workshop will equip you to present your proposal in the best light.
So, if you, or someone you know has a technically innovative idea (whether it’s a new type of children’s shoe or cutting edge cryptography for banks) the government could fund the technical development of your idea.
Grants are allocated in open competitions and assessed to rigorous and transparent standards.
Subjects covered at the workshop include:
- The stages of R&D which can be funded.
- How much can I get, and what do they want in return?
- How to find what grant competitions are open.
- Why a great technical idea is only 10% of what you need.
- Picking your project team – single company or consortium?
- Ten questions and what they are looking for.
- Project plans and financial plans.
- Risk management, not zero risk.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- The timetable from submission to funding.
- Running the project – how you will be monitored.
- What can go wrong during a project.
To book your place, please email Janet Duffield, Lead for Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01635) 519475.