Do you think you should have the choice of an assisted death, if you were in the last 6 months of a terminal illness?
Would you rather pass away peacefully, with dignity in the UK? One Briton travels to Switzerland every eight days, and most go before they need to for fear that they will miss the chance.
Dignity in Dying is the campaign for assisted dying – to change the law in the UK to allow the choice of an assisted death for terminally ill, mentally competent adults, within upfront safeguards. They are lobbying for:
- CHOICE over where we die, who is present and our treatment options.
- ACCESS to expert information on our options, good quality end-of-life care.
- CONTROL over how we die, our symptoms, pain relief and planning our own death.
Add your voice to our campaign so no-one suffers needlessly and against their wishes in the final days of their lives. Come along to find out more and sign our petition:
- Sat 15th September – 9am – 2pm, Newbury Market
- Sat 22nd September 2018 – 9am – 2pm, Thatcham Broadway
If you can’t come to any of the events email us and we will bring the petition to you!
Dignity in Dying West Berkshire
We are a local group of friendly people who believe we should have a choice over our death. For more information please email Sara Fenton at email@example.com
Next Meeting: Saturday 29th September 2018 – 11am, Royal British Legion, Pelican Lane, Newbury
Read the story of Sara Fenton who travelled with her husband Keith to Switzerland, so that Keith, who suffered from Huntingdon’s Disease, could have the dignified death he hoped for.